2018 is already in its fourth month (yikes), and food trends are already beginning to surface. Some trends we saw coming, and others are a pleasant surprise. From changes in what culture’s cuisine we indulge in to how much spice we are willing to endure, here are food trends already showing up this year…
- “What is everyone in the mood for?” The usual options we rattle off are Mexican, Italian, Chinese, but how about Filipino? Hawaiian? That’s right, we are expanding our palette to unexplored areas of cuisine that truly deserve our attention.
- Croissants, donuts and pastries are already a delicious indulgence on their own, but this year we are deciding to fill all of them with delicious and extravagant fillings like cream and jellies.
- “Mild, medium or hot?” Let’s finally agree to enjoy our food as spicy as it is meant to be. We can all use a little spice and excitement in our lives, and restaurants in 2018 think so too.
- We want all of the noods in 2018 as pasta and all types of noodles are making a strong return as our favorite entrees.
- We are feeling and spreading the love this year as charcuterie boards are appearing more often on restaurant tables before the main meal approaches, and we could not be more excited about it.